With Deliciously Ella launching her version in Waitrose and Wholefoods, energy balls have now become the new healthy option and they’re our favourite guilt free treat. They’re great if you’re trying to cut down on sugar and a perfect alternative to chocolate and they’re fun and easy to make. Over the summer, we organised an organic, raw energy ball making masterclass for a press event for Braun Beauty. Everyone learnt some background info on the benefits of raw food and then chose from a selection of superfoods to make their own delicious and nutritious balls ready to eat…
If you fancy having a go, here’s one of our favourite recipes…
15 medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
110g dessicated coconut (plus 80g cup for rolling)
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1½ tablespoons cocoa powder
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon water
1. Put pecans in food processor and pulse until roughly chopped.
2. Add remaining ingredients, turn food processor on until well mixed.
3. Using a tablespoon measure, spoon out mixture and roll in balls.
4. Coat each ball in the shredded coconut.
5. Place on a parchment covered baking sheet and refrigerate for at least thirty minutes.
6. Store in the fridge in a container or plastic bag for up to two weeks.